Sunday, August 9, 2015

Mid-Year Resolutions Reset

We're just past the halfway point through the year, and I believe that New Year's Resolutions aren't just for January 1 because it is never too late to make it a great year.  That being said, it has been a great year so far for me, even judging by the resolutions I set at the end of 2014:

  • Shoot to check off four Life List items - DONE!  In fact, I did them all on one sweeping, epic roadtrip!  I wouldn't mind knocking one more off, with wine festivals coming up in Arizona, I could crush grapes with my feet!  #Wino
  • Hike Seven Falls in Tucson - DONE!  It wasn't spectacular because the water wasn't flowing, but we did it.  Maybe worth doing again sometime when its not as scorching and has potential of water flow.  
  • Go on a date to one of the events at Desert Botanical Gardens - Not done yet, we missed the last few Music in the Garden events due to the roadtrip, but there's still time.  The upcoming schedule should be released soon.  Don't disappoint, DBG! 
  • Expand my vocabulary.  Learn new words and use them in my blog. - I'm on the fence about this one.  It was a great idea, and I've been receiving words-of-the-day from two apps, but I can't say new words have actually made their way into my vocabulary.  I am culpable of skipping them altogether at times.  There we go, culpable is a word I've never used before.  
  • Learn to cook a new dish - using a crock pot, oven or stove - I TRUMPED this one, creating my own awesome dish that requires an oven AND a stove - my amazing cilantro-lime quinoa stuffed bell peppers.  So what if nobody else likes them, I think they're awesome!  And they're so photogenic!  
  • Take a lesson in blues dancing - DONE!  I wouldn't mind more, but we did knock out one lesson and even danced on the floor socially a bit.  
  • Make a gingerbread house - Not quite the time of the year yet, so this is still to come.
  • Host a game night or dinner - We hosted a dinner party for Jaiman's birthday in January.  Despite the turkey frying taking longer than expected and then coming out extra crispy, I think it was a success.  I'm still up for hosting a game night before the year is out.  Who wants to come over?  

Since most of these resolutions have been completed at least satisfactorily, I'm feeling pretty good.  Still, I'm not ready to call it game over with 2015, not nearly.  A few things that have piqued my interest recently, so I'm going to amend my remaining resolutions with some new ones.  Here goes, resolutions for the rest of 2015:
  • Make a gingerbread house (from prior list)
  • Host a game night (repeat)
  • Expand my vocabulary (continuation)
  • Go on a date at DBG (from prior list)
  • Check out some travel agent webinars (new)
  • Research solar panels (new)
 
In addition, here are some things to look forward to for the rest of the year:
  • August: Perseids Meteor Shower (peaks August 12th)
  • September: Total Lunar Eclipse (Sept 28)
  • November: See The Hunger Games – Mockingjay Part 2 (Nov. 20, 2015)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment